Thursday, January 27, 2011

My experience with Melissa Stewart

Today I got to meet the author of two great Reader's Theater books When Rain Falls and Under the Snow. Both by Melissa Stewart . She got the idea for the cover of Under the Snow  when she was hiking she saw a pond that had been iced over . She thought that newts hibernated in the winter but she saw newts swirling in a pond! It also took her five years to write Under the Snow!            Melissa published her first book in 1998 ! So she has been writing great books for thirteen years ! She gets her information for her books by interviewing scientists so she can get information for her great books. Mrs. Melissa gave us some tips for Reader's Theater! I am so excited for her new and upcoming books!     Emma

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emma,

    I'm so glad you enjoyed talking to me today. It was a lot of fun! I really like creating books like Under the Snow because it brings together two thinsg I love--writing and exploring the natural world.

    Good luck writing your own readers theater scripts. I hope some of my tips help.

    Mrs. Stewart

    ReplyDelete