Thursday, January 27, 2011

Meeting Melissa Stewart

Today I was sooooo excited because...I got to meet Melissa Stewart!Melissa is the author who wrote our Readers Theater.She was soo nice and,she also taught me some things!She taught me that monkeys eat pulp from the coco but,they don't eat the beans.They drop the beans in the ground and help more coco trees to grow!She told us that her favorite animal that was in her book Under The Snow is a newt.She also told us that she likes Readers Theater because,you can make the story funnier.Well,I enjoyed getting to meet Melissa Stewart.

                                                                                                    Kerry

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kerry,

    I'm glad you like dthe author visit. I did too. It seems liek your whole class was really interested in the monkey book. Too bad it won't be out for a couple of years.

    There's a lot of snow right now, but I wonder if we might see a newt under the ice of the pond we are going to go hiking at later today. I'm pretty sure we'll see some cool animal tracks.

    Good luck writing your own readers theater script.

    Mrs. Stewart

    ReplyDelete