Thursday, January 27, 2011

Melissa Stewart Experience

Today, we had a special experience! We talked to Melissa Stewart by video chatting. I thought it was very interesting because we were all in a different state and we were all still talking to each other. I also had a special feeling because we are the one of the first few people to do this with an author. In one of our questions that we asked her I learned something new about the rain rain forests . In one of her books she's working on No Monkeys ! No Chocolate! I learned that some monkeys in the rain forests break open cocoa pods and the eat the pulp from the pod and then they knock the cocoa seeds out onto the forest floor,so they actully help the cocoa trees to keep growing. So, if we didn't have these monkeys we wouldn't have any chocolate!!! This is what i thought about our experience with Melissa Stewart!!!
-Christa

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christa,

    I thought it was pretty special to talk to you too. Georgia is a long way away, but it doesn't seem that way with Skype.

    I'm glad you liked learning about the monkeys in the rain forest, but shhhhh! It's kind of a secret for now. I don't want to give too much away before it is published ion 2013.

    I hope you enjoy writing your own readers theater scripts. I think it's lots of fun.

    Mrs. Stewart

    ReplyDelete